Users of Minecraft are reporting an error message reading “Minecraft failed to download file, The file contents differ from what was intended” when they try to begin the game or download content. In this entry, we’ll examine the cause of the problem and the steps you can take to fix it.
Fix: Failed To Download File, The File Contents Differ From What Was Expected.
Fix The Minecraft file download failed, It turns out that the file doesn’t contain what was predicted.
- The file contents differ from what was expected in Minecraft; Minecraft could not download the file.
- Get the file from the link given.
- Launch in JAVA.
- Firewall bypass needed for Minecraft
- Verify Mods for Damage and Delete the Default Minecraft Launcher if Necessary
Let’s break this down and speak about them in depth.
1. Save the file to your computer from the website specified.
If you take the time to examine the error code carefully, you’ll find the URL listed there. A file could be missing and can be retrieved from that location. Then, let’s get the files from the aforementioned URL downloaded first. The error notice or this URL (if they are the same) can be copied and pasted into a browser to get you to the correct page.
A file will be downloaded automatically after you do that.
Follow the error code’s instructions to locate the download folder, copy the file, and then navigate to the path indicated. We think it best to put it this way.
C:\Users\lucas\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\net\sf\jopt-simple\jopt-simple\4.5\jopt-simple-4.5.jar Exists: File
Existence of jopt-simple-4.5.jar File
You can now paste the copied path and remove jopt-simple-4.5.jar.
When you’re done, restart your machine and launch the app again. Maybe now you won’t have any more problems.
2. Open With JAVA.
Java Runtime Environment is required to open JAR files. Files with the.JAR extension should automatically launch in JRE, but if that isn’t the case, you can change the settings. Do the same by following the directions given.
- Use the Windows File Explorer.
- To reveal hidden content, select View > Show > Hidden.
- Now, open C:UsersyusufAppDataRoaming and then go to.minecraft.
- To view the properties of a file, right-click it and select the.JRE option.
- Select Opens with and then Change from in the General menu.
- You can use the Java(TM) Platform SE binary or another Java or JDK.
- This step is unnecessary if the files are already Java-enabled.
3. The Minecraft Firewall Bypass
So now that we know no crucial Minecraft file is being blocked by the security programme, let’s allow Minecraft over the Firewall or antivirus.
Whitelisting Minecraft is necessary if you are using an external antivirus programme. The following are instructions for getting Minecraft past Microsoft Defender.
- The “Windows Security” software can be accessed from the Start menu.
- Choose Allow an app through Firewall under Firewall & network protection.
- Go to Preferences > Modify.
- Using both public and private networks, search for Minecraft and add it.
- In the event that you still can’t discover it, select Allow another app > To install an app, simply add it by browsing to the directory where it is already installed.
- Once Minecraft has been added, the Firewall can be opened to it.
- I really do hope this works for you.
We Trust that the Steps Outlined Below will Help You Fix the Problem.
Is there a reason why my Minecraft keeps saying that it was unable to launch?
Corruption or a lack of required files may prevent the game from starting. Minecraft’s “Minecraft failed to download the file” notification appears beside the “Launching the game files” problem message.