There is currently a widespread problem with the configuration of Classic Shell on Windows 10, and many users have upgraded to the operating system.
The notice “Classic Shell needs to configure itself for the new operating system” appears unexpectedly.
The notification suggests reinstalling some component of the system, but it’s unclear how. You’ve arrived at the right palace if you need assistance.
Failure to Automatically Configure Classic Shell for New OS
The fundamentals of a Classic Shell must be mastered before delving into the configuration message. Classic Shell is essentially free software for Microsoft Windows that lets users bring back functionality from earlier versions of the operating system.
The Start Menu, Classic File Explorer, and Internet Explorer are the primary areas of concentration for Classic Shell. Classic Shell, for instance, can replace the Start menu in Windows 8 and Windows 10.
As to Why Traditional Shell Layout Is Required,
In most cases, the message “Classic Shell needs to configure itself for the new operating system” will show up if there are problems with Classic Shell’s settings. It’s also possible that an external programme on your computer is to blame.
Ways to Ignore the Regular Shell Configuration Prompt
Cancel the Classic Shell installation.
Due to the fact that Classic Shell is an optional addition to Windows, it need not be kept. Maintaining the “Classic Shell needs to configure itself for the new operating system” message? In that case, you could choose to remove Classic Shell.
- Step 1: You should do is head over to the Settings menu, type “apps and features,” and then launch the resulting window.
- Step 2: Select Classic Shell from the drop-down menu and click the Uninstall button.
- Step 3: is to restart the computer after the uninstallation is complete.
NOTE: Just in case you want to keep using Classic Shell, the most up-to-date version is available for download online.
- Step 1: Navigate to the Classic Shell website.
- Step 2: is to get the Open-shell update for your specific version of Windows 10.
- Step 3: get Classic Shell by clicking here.
Switch On The Safe Mode
In case you were wondering, when your computer boots into Safe Mode, it only uses the most essential drivers and files and disables everything else. If the Classic Shell configuration message does not appear in Safe Mode, then the problem must lie with one of your newly installed programs.
- Step 1: you need to do is open the Start menu, and from there, pick Power.
- Step 2: Restart by holding Shift and making the appropriate selection
- Step 3: Select Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, and finally Startup Settings from the “Choose an option” menu.
- Step 4: Begin over by pressing the Restart button.
- Step 5: When the screen comes back on, go to Option 4 (Safe Mode) or Option 5.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do We Really Need To Stick With The Old Classic Shell?
If you prefer the Windows XP-style interface to Windows 10, you may want to try Classic Shell as an alternative to the Windows 10 Start Menu. It’s safe to keep, but if you change your mind, the programme can be removed at any moment. When you uninstall Classic Shell, the original Start menu will reappear.
What are the Advantages of Open Shell over the more Traditional Classic Shell?
The Open Shell programme is based on the Classic Shell, therefore it functions similarly. It’s free and replaces Windows 10’s default Start menu. Open Shell is an enhanced version of the former.
Is There Any Way To Modify The Start Menu?
You can modify the Start Menu to your liking. If you want to change how your computer displays its Start Menu, select Settings from the Start Menu. The tab to personalise the Start menu will be available after that. You can rearrange the items in the menu or add new ones by clicking on them.
Some Useful Hints
- When a new Windows update becomes available, you should install it immediately.
- If you would rather not use the Start menu, you can disable the Classic Shell through the Task Manager.
- Maintaining routine PC maintenance and troubleshooting is recommended.
- Replace Classic Shell with Open-Shell